Thursday, March 8, 2012

You see me, now you dont.

Luke 17:10
So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.

Before I knew Christ, I must say, I got everything done that I wanted to do and I got it done well.  I wanted to do the things that I knew no one else would want to do.  And when I did them with a smile on my face and in a close to perfect way, I was all ready for the big thank you from everyone who had seen what I just performed oh so well.
But I read this and it is telling me I am an unworthy servant and that I was suppose to do whatever it was in front of me as best I could with a smile on my face no anyway. Unworthy? Not valuable, not praiseworthy, undeserving, and worthless? I guess this figure God in the sky knows something I don’t…Hello? Did you not see what I just had to go through and I did it with a smile. I did it so well. I made them so happy and thankful.  I wanted to do this for them. I put them way before myself and never thought twice of how it would make me feel.  You know what, it was gross.  Come one, who would want to do something like that. It wasn’t for fun. It was for them! You try doing that. You get down on your knees and do something that makes you so bellow everyone else. I don’t see anyone else doing what I did with a smile on their face, they look disgusted. (oh how wrong I was)  And now you are calling me unworthy?  Do you know how long it took for me to make these thoughts I have and how big my heart needed to be…boom. He said now you stop right there.
He let me know right there that the thoughts, the good intensions, the heart that was made to love these people and be selfless enough to do this act for them, has nothing to do with Jordan Cole, but has everything to do with that figure you were talking about, yes, God who is not just in the sky but everywhere, just to clear things up.
Wow, so you mean, it has nothing to do with me why I wanted to help those people.  And that the duty I did wasn’t so I could show how precious and needed I am? But should be grateful that you have allowed me to be able to help.  And say I am an unworthy servant; I got to do something for this body of Charts even though I could have been tossed into the lake of fire for being the sinner I am.  I get to do all these things even though I am not grateful and unworthy to, but my Master gave me the chance to give back to Him, by doing His work here on earth.  Its not about me. Or I. or myself. I am not even worthy to be doing this work, but I get to so I will complete the duty that I was told to do.
Now that I am a Christian, I need to let God show me that I am unworthy and its not about how needed I am, but how needed He is to even allow me to do things for Him.


Application:
Today I will look for opportunities to serve Him unnoticed.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment