Thursday, March 8, 2012

For the kids


Proverbs 31:5
Lest they drink and forget what the law decrees, and deprive all the oppressed of their rights. 

When I got wasted from whatever substance the night brought, and lost my sense of what was truly right from wrong, and had others who were searching for the right, the truth, trying to fit in, trying to do what was cool, even if it was wrong, to do what I did cause I made it seem like it was the thing to be doing.  It happened. More than once.  I can remember countless times when people who were looking up to what I was doing, male, female, older or younger, followed me cause they thought I knew what I was doing and where I was taking them.
I said it was ok to do.  I helped them go down the wrong path.  But why? Because I didn’t necessarily think what I was doing was bad, I just knew it wasn’t good.  Going against what society told me to do.  Going against what my parents warned me of.  Going against Gods way.  Someone had to show me this way to be this way.  There must be a pattern.  Someone at some point had to start it cause I just didn’t out of the blue want to go against what was right. It was already right cause its what I knew to do and be true.
In the beginning of my life where I was searching for answers, who to be.  I wasn’t getting drunk, but I didn’t know the law, the real right way to do things.  So I looked to see what it was, what was taking place in front of me. Searching for truth and running into a group of people who were doing things that just weren’t correct. In fact it was the opposite and I didn’t know to question it. I just did it.
We as Christians need to teach younger people to learn to test what is said and shown, even if it is from their own parents. Not to question whether or not they are wrong, but to see if what they know and were taught is right.  If something deep down inside is saying, “woah this just doesn’t seem right.” That could be God trying to protect them from a lie.  I need to start by training myself to test all spirits.

Application: I need to go through out this week testing things that are said to me, even questionable thoughts, and bring them back to the bible to test them to see if they line up with what God says is the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment