Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cutting Deep


Proverbs 31:6
Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish,

Go ahead and give it to them, let them be healed like you so are. Ha, what a joke, but how I did it so often. Rough day smoke a blunt, got things on the mind, clear it by smoking a joint, have to go do something like work, that’s not important, get high my friend.  What about, your dad not loving you the way you want, get high and go to lunch with him. Feel and do as I do. How it works for me so good. I would pass the J like Bob Marley no problem, solved all my worries heartaches headaches and lifeaches.
But wait. The high is gone and I’m coming down. Reality boom struck me right in the face. And my face feels it.  All my worries back, and even more so, cause time has dragged on and I’m still in these tangles.  And what? All the people I got high are wanting more, cause it only lasted for a short time. Ok yea…here…get high. Now that the grass is gone, what to do?  How miserable.  It didn’t help me…its not helping you…but I don’t want to accept that it’s losing its power, or realize it never had power, so come on you still can get high. A victim I was to this plant.
God knows He is the only one who is an everlasting drug. You take Him in you will always have Him there. He never leaves better yet He never left. Stop giving non-sobering substances to those who are looking for answers, the truth. Give them Jesus. Now that I have Jesus how great He is to share. I’m now a slave to the answer to the problem and not just a victim to the potential solution to the symptom.
God used someone to show me the answer, now its my turn to offer what people are truly looking for to solve the questions of their lives.

Application:
Take time to thank God and be great full He had someone show me the cure to the problem and not just offer a for second solution to the symptoms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment