Thursday, March 8, 2012

Closer To The Truth


Proverbs 31:4
It is not for kings, O Lemuel- not for kings to drink wine, not for rulers to drink beer,

When I first became a Christian, I continued the habits I had from the world, drinking and smoking pot, nothing changed as far as not being sober minded.  I thought I didn’t have to, or didn’t need to, but mainly I didn’t want to.  I wasn’t ready to start new.  But one day I did. It took around three months of having the Holy Spirit in me to finally have me stop putting substances into my body making me not sober. He needed me sober to have me do His work.  And it wasn’t hard.  In fact, I loved it. I was finally pulled out of the fog I put myself in and was able to think in a clear manner.  I could understand how the fog made me not see the path Jesus was laying before me, but once He did His great work of making me sober, I started to see where I was going and I wanted to go fast.
            You cant go fast when your not sober. I tried for so many years to say it didn’t affect my capability to function at my best potential.  How ignorant I was.  Once I was sober I everything about me functioning in the world started to pick up, my cognitive, emotions, and physical life were all so different. It made me want to cry, cause I felt like I held myself back for so long now.  I didn’t need to cry, God was there telling me I had time now to do things right and it was bright clear stable path ahead.
Great kings and rulers need to be sobered minded. And my Great King and Ruler is sober and was and always will be. You wont find a scripture in the bible saying Jesus drank or did anything to make Him not sober.  And like most peopling who have Kings you want to be just like them and following their example. So now that’s what I am doing. Being sober, like my King, Jesus Christ.
I feel as if God wants us to also see that wine and beer made both of man, things of this world can make you not sober, corrupt and brought to think not straight of the Spirit.

Application:
Today I will write down all my thoughts that aren’t sobering to the Spirit and shut them down with scripture to bring me closer minded to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment