Thursday, March 8, 2012

Again and Again but No MORE!


Luke 17:7
Suppose one of you had a servant plowing or looking after the sheep. Would he say to the servant when he comes in from the field, ‘Come along now and sit down to eat’?
If I had a servant, that would make me his master and I would assume he loved to serve me, he would get the things done assigned to him, putting me first out of respect for that is his place.
Jesus Christ came on to this earth as a man, and being God, or Master, He to show us what we are actually suppose to do, humbled Himself to the possession of the lowest servant.
Here we have our God who has all above us and is all above us, take the place to serve us, to show us how it is done.  How to be a child of God.  Usually we have the master talk through directions for the servant to follow, but Jesus didn’t just talked, he walked, healed, washed feet, and then actually died for us.
What kind of master are we serving? A master that dies for us, for we messed up so badly and got so off track as servants He picked us up, set us to the side and finished the job for us.  Not only did He have us eat before Him, He finished the job and more some to show us how to do it.
So now Im saved and I have this bible in front of me to show me how to do it, how to live and serve God.  I now have the manual to walk talk you name it whatever I need to do, is listed out how its done right in front of me. I can now be the best servant. Yet I’m not.  In fact I do the opposite. I call on my master to finish the jobs I have before me and have Him serve me before I serve Him, and rarely do I thank Him for doing so.  The best master hands down. He does the work that He has assigned for me because I get all caught up in myself and say I cant do it and that I need help. And He is right there, never took His eyes off me as I went to work for Him out in His back yard. Never even went outside because He wants to make sure I am okay. And when there is a weed that wont come up in His garden, I give up after a few tries, getting dirty and hating it.  I sit down and pout, and not seconds later He lifts me up brushes me off. Puts my hand the weed with His and we pull it up together. My master I love because He loves me so much more. I should not have Him have me eat first, I want to serve Him until all jobs are done.

Application:
Today already a familiar trial has come up, and I have given up once again, even though He is standing over me trying to get me to stand without pulling me up completely, knowing I have knowledge and strength to get back up by myself. Well I want to for the rest of today and this week, not give up and turn to the old lie I once believed, but to have the truth He has given me and have Him watch me get through it with what He has told me and not have Him do the work and pull me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment