Thursday, March 8, 2012

Kids in Kenya


Proverbs 31:7
Let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more.

Well this brings a closing to the last blog that I posted.  Ending verse 6 that reads, give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; leading to verse 7 let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more.  After hearing how God spoke to everyone else’s heart about verse 6 and how He is implying that the one who are in anguish can be healed of their problems physical problems with a little taste of alcohol, but now their poverty and misery can be even be forgotten.  He is now leaning on how kings and have the poor and needy can have their emotional problems being solved.
            Our King of all Kings I know never needed alcohol to lift up His spirits or need it to excuse Him out of physical, which is so inspiring.  I have countless times have used substances and abused substances to bring me out of darker moments.  Now that I am on a path set out before me by this same King, I will strive to do the same.  I want to be able to never have to use any substances to bring me out of misery other than His own everlasting water.
             Heading to Kenya where I know there is misery that wants to be forgotten and they aren’t as lucky to have drugs to get them though. I hope to bring the same everlasting water that has so much love in and through it, into their lives that has been brought into mine.

Application:
Today and for the rest of the time before I leave for Kenya, I will pray that God starts setting up hearts there to hear the truth and love we have to share and that their lives will not need substances to bring them out of misery, but have God to turn to.

No comments:

Post a Comment